Pages

Monday 6 January 2014

Triple Chocolate Cookies: A Sweet Start To Year 2014

Don’t Think About Yesterday, Think About Tomorrow Because Tomorrow Is A Chance To Correct The Mistake Of Yesterday. 
                           
Another year has passed!! Another year to look forward to!! 
As we bid goodbye to year 2013 and welcome a brand new year 2014, I would like to wish everyone an amazing year ahead full of peace, hope and happiness. Lets all pledge to begin a new chapter by starting on a fresh note, leaving the burden of unpleasant memories behind and making way for better ones in the future. Lets all try and find the good and positive in things rather than focus on the negative, as in the end the only person who stands to lose is yourself. 
I know many of you must have set high goals for yourself to accomplish in the New Year, but this year I have decided not to make any New Year resolutions. I plan to take each day as it comes, enjoying each and every moment as it dawns on me. 
Let me also take this moment to thank my wonderful family and friends for all their support and encouragement and for always been there whenever I have needed them. I feel blessed to be surrounded and loved by such amazing people. 

What could be a better way to welcome this wonderful year than with these delicious Triple Chocolate cookies made by my dear son. 
Recently, there has been a lot of excitement in my house as I was gifted a 'Kitchen Aid mixer' (my dream machine) by my husband on our 20th Anniversary, and more than anyone else my son has been dying to use it. So, he decided that the first thing to be made in the mixer were to be cookies and being a great fan of chocolates he zeroed in on a recipe with three different kinds of chocolates - dark, white and milk.
Packing a powerful punch of chocolate, nothing could be more delicious than these lusciously rich, dense, soft chewy cookies. When you take a bite into the cookies, the irregular chunks of chopped chocolate give you a lovely burst of melted fudgy chocolate. But, you can also use ready-made chocolate chips if you prefer. 
Be careful not to over-bake them, so once you see the edges just beginning to set and turn slightly brown, take them out. They will continue to bake on the hot baking tray. 
I suggest with the weather turning bitterly cold outside, these cookies would be the perfect comforting thing to make, to lift up your mood and perk you up.
Go ahead and try them out right now. You will thank me, as believe me, nothing could be more delicious than these super duper dose of Triple Chocolate cookies.
Ingredients
50 gm dark chocolate, (roughly chopped)
50 gm white chocolate, (roughly chopped)
50 gms milk chocolate, (roughly chopped)
150 gm butter softened
150 gm caster sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
200 gms flour
2 tsp baking powder

Method
Preheat the oven to 180 C. 
Lightly grease 2 baking sheets/trays. Chop all the chocolate into small chunks.
                               
Beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. 
Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. 
Stir in the chocolate. 
Sift the flour and baking powder and beat into the mixture, until well combined.
Place round tablespoon of the mixture onto the baking sheets leaving plenty of space around each one. 
Shape each mound into a round and flatten slightly with the back of a spoon. 
Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. 
Allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy with a hot glass of milk!!

No comments:

Post a Comment